...and not in the good way.
Ugh. It is steamy outside. Hot, hot, hot...but I'm not allowed to complain about it because back in February, during the Snowpocalypse, I swore to myself I would not bitch and moan about weather that does not involve shoveling.
Back then, I would have welcomed 100 degrees F with open arms, while I whispered "Ooooh, hot stuff, burn me some more" in its sizzling little ear.
Yeah. I know. It's all about what you don't have at the moment, isn't it?
But, since I am a woman of my word (even if it's only my word to myself, with nothing signed in blood*), I will now try to come up with:
10 Reasons I Love The Hot Weather
1. I get to walk around barefoot without my feet freezing. I hate wearing shoes, so this is a big plus.
2. CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!
3. TG grills something delicious almost every night he doesn't have a show or rehearsal. Yum! Plus, no cooking for me--YAY!
4. I don't feel guilty for skipping my daily 2.5 mile walk. In fact, I even feel virtuous about it, because I am sparing some poor stranger the trauma of finding my dead-from-heatstroke body on the trail.
5. VANILLA ICE CREAM! (I'm not that picky about ice cream.)
6. Frosty mugs of icy cold beer.
7. Movie theaters with the a/c cranked up just a little too much, so I have to actually bring a long-sleeved shirt with me.
8. Watermelon. With seeds, without seeds, pink or that weird yellow kind, big or tiny. Doesn't matter to me, 'cuz I loves me some good watermelon.
9. Tomatoes from our garden, eaten still warm from the sun. (Alas, this one will have to wait until they ripen, but it's something to look forward to.)
10. CHERRY ICE CREAM! (Uh, yeah. Told you--not picky.)
How about y'all? Got any reasons that'll make me love this hot weather? I sure could use a few more!
*Okay, that is my official weasel clause, in case I just can't stand it as the thermometer rises, and I let loose with an un-hold-back-able stream of complaints.