THINGS I'VE DONE TODAY TO AVOID WRITING A BLOG POST:
1. Cleaned three toilets.
2. Went to Costco, even though I really didn't need anything. (Not that that stopped me from buying stuff. I mean, gigonzo bag of frozen waffle fries? Come on--who can resist that?)
3. Read a bunch of other people's blogs (and even left comments on some of them). Became depressed when I saw they all had good ideas to write about & I didn't.
4. Cleaned & replaced the soap in the automatic soap dispenser. (Can you stand the excitement?)
5. Did a load of laundry that probably could've waited until tomorrow. (Am feeling kind of guilty about that. Would it have been "greener" to wait for a full load? I suspect so. *sigh*)
6. Pulled my drawer novel out and whimsically cut seven thousand words from it. Then added two. (Not two thousand. Two.)
7. Played around on Twitter.
8. Called my mother & played three games of computer Mahjong while listening to her tell me what terrible gossips old ladies can be.
9. Contemplated repainting my toenails, but ultimately decided peachy-pink was peachy keen for now.
10. Dug out my old copy of THE VALLEY OF HORSES to see if I still like it, and if the parts about Jondalar's ginormous schlong are still embarrassing to read. (They are.)
I was just sure a great blog idea would come to me as I was doing one of those things. Shows how wrong I can be, huh?
Gawd. Stop me before I go iron something!