|Photo courtesy of morgueFile.com. Doesn't he (she?) look proud?|
1. I'm quite the punster. I know, I know...lowest form of humor, yadda-yadda. I don't care. Twisting words around is funny. (Nothing makes me happier than making someone groan. Just ask TG. *waggles eyebrows*)
2. If there is an innuendo to be found in any given turn of phrase, I will find it. (See above.)
3. My daughter can cuss like a sailor when the situation warrants. No, make that more like a retired sailor who is now a longshoreman. (She gets that from me. *buffs nails on shirt*)
4. So can my son. (He gets it from his sister.)
(Let me hasten to add that they don't swear in inappropriate situations. They've never, for instance, dropped an F-bomb in front of their grandparents...on Christmas Day...or Easter...that I know of...)
5. The range officer at the shooting range called me the next Annie Oakley. Said I was a natural. (Hmmm...though he was kind of trying to cop a sneaky feel at the time, so in retrospect he may not have been talking about my aim.)
6. I can eat half a pan of brownies without blinking an eye. Or throwing up. (No, I don't do this often. But I can.)
7. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem without using my hands.
8. I have never had a pedicure. (Well, other than the ones I've given myself.) Yes, I have virgin toes. Probably about the only way that word still applies to me.
9. My thumbs are double-jointed, aka "hitchhiker's thumbs." I have no idea why this makes me proud, except that it's a part of my dad that lives on in me.
10. I can yawn without opening my mouth.* (A skill I picked up in an evening class--"Decision Making"--back in college. Three hours straight, every Wednesday night, about making "balance sheets" for every decision in your life. I *cough* decided practicing my covert yawning skills was a wise use of the time.)
*Though my nostrils do flare a bit when I do it.
So, what are you proud of? (If you absolutely can't come up with something inappropriate, then something appropriate will do.)
Happy Hump Day! Be Proud. Be very proud. :)